Godz Poodlz's Fan Box

Godz Poodlz on Facebook

Friday, September 15, 2006

God Will Rescue Me!

Here's an old joke:

News reports come over the radio that a flood is coming.

A police car stops in front of a house and shouts to a man raking his leaves, "Hey buddy, a flood is coming! Hop in my Squad Car and I'll take you to higher ground!"

The man turns and smiles and says, "Officer, I am a Christian and I trust that the LORD will protect me!" So, the officer drives off.

A few hours later a rowboat comes down the street. The water is up to the homeowner's front door and the man in the rowboat shouts, "Wade out to the boat and I can row us to safety!"

The man waves and smiles, saying, "Sir, I've been praying to the Lord and I KNOW He will save me!"

A few hours later the home owner is up on his roof with the waters of the flood lapping at his feet and a man in a hot air balloon comes floating by. The man in the balloon throws down a rope ladder and shouts, "Hurry, grab the rope ladder and climb up! I can rescue you!"

The man on the roofs smiles and waves and shouts back, "God is my Savior! I have FAITH in GOD! HE will do the rescuing!"



Later, in Heaven...



The man is very angry and he shouts at God, "Lord, I told everyone that you would protect and save me. And you let me die! Not only that, you made me look like a liar and a fool! Why didn't you help me, Lord?"

And God turns to the man as says, "Hey, I sent a cop car, a boat and even a hot air balloon! What did you expect?"

No comments: